Ladies & Gent’s should note that this week-end’s competition will be held over two days only, Saturday & Sunday. There will be no Mens slots on Monday. The Ladies will not have any competition slots on Tuesday or Wednesday next week either as the course will remain closed from Monday to Friday inclusive next week due to Hollow Coring and general maintenance of the greens.
Additional time slots for the HolmPatrick qualifier and the Ladies Competition have been allocated on Saturday morning.
Accordingly any Lady who wishes to play in next weeks Ladies competition must book a slot on Saturday or Sunday.
The Saturday Gent’s Crosscard will have a later start time (14.00hrs) to facilitate the additional competition players.
The winners of the week-end Mens competition which is Sponsored by Ian Harrison will go forward to play in the Regional Finals of the National Council for the Blind.
The Lunar Golf will take place this Friday, 01 March with a shotgun start at 18.45
Teams are requested to register at 17.45hrs. after which there will be a session to explain the rules and regulations.
The format is a Champagne Scramble.
There are still a couple of slots available on the time sheet and these will be offered on a first come first serve basis.
Names should be submitted to Sean or Aoife in the office.
The cost is €140 per team (€35 pp.) and includes a bottle of beer on the course plus finger food after the golf and concessionary priced beer will be available.
Final Day for Annual Subscriptions
Members are reminded that the final day for payment of subscriptions is this Thursday, 28 February.
As part of the programme of recovery, some areas of the course continue to be cordoned off to help them recover.
These areas will be roped off and members are requested to avoid walking in these areas if at all possible.
The hollow coring of the greens will take place next Monday & Tuesday, 04/05 March.
The course will remain closed for a further three days and golf will resume again on Saturday, 09 March.
Captain Mark Grant has announced his Managers for this years AIG All-Ireland Cups and Shields.
Senior Cup/ Barton Shield:- Richard Duggan
Junior Cup:- Mark Shortall/Dermot Doyle
Jimmy Bruen:- Leo Byrne/Liam Cody
Pierce Purcell:- Brian Cullen/ Seamus Rochford
Mixed Foursomes:- Rob O’Shea/Catherine King
Fred Daly:- James Walsh
Junior Foursomes:- Michael Keenan/Rob O’Shea
Provincial Towns:- John Byrne/Derek O’Gorman
Barton Cup:- Brendan Power/James Young
Duggan Cup:- Ben McGarry/Aidan Phelan
JB Carr:- Willie Leahy/Pat Collins.
Sat./Sun./Mon., 23/24/25 February
1. Derek Shelley, (10) 35pts.
2. Ian Morrissey, (12) 35pts.
3. Aidan Brennan, (9) 34pts.
Gross:- Pat Butler (7) 27pts.
4. Henry Bourke, (18) 33pts.
5. Noel Meagher, (17) 32pts.
6. Leo Hennessey (12) 31pts.
6th. Aidan McDonald, Luke Wall, Tom Moore, Joe Greene, Richie Guilfoyle, Peter Walsh (Snr.), Mick Kennedy,
10th. Kieran Wall, Colin Furlong, Rory MacEneaney,15th. John Doherty, Tommy Barry, Joe Walton, Aidan Brennan,
17th. Aidan McDonald, Damien McLoughlin, Chris FitzPatrick, John Bracken,
Each ‘Two’ receives €16.40 credit in the Pro Shop.
Saturday, 23 February. Gent’s Crosscard
1. Paul Hanafin, Gabriel Maher, Paddy Smee, Jim White, 71
2. Willie Leahy, Oliver Duggan Brian Cullen, Tony Butler, 69
3. Frank Byrne, Tommy Buckley, Conor O’Shea, 67
4. Mark Grant, Philip O’Neill, David Farragher, Rob O’Shea, 66(B6)
5. Rob Kearney, Padraig O’Keeffe, Brian Meredith, Peter Dabinett, 66
18 Teams played.
Individual League Leaderboard. Round 6 (Three rounds remaining).
1. Larry Gittens, 76
2. Paddy Smee, 73
3. Pat McEvoy, 71
4. Rob Kearney, 70
5. Nathan Ryan, 69
6. Philip O’Neill, 65
7. Pat Butler, 63
8. Oliver Duggan, 62
9. Pat Hickey, 61
10. Dermot Doyle, 60
11. Brian Cullen, Noel Maher, 59
13. Myles McCabe, 57
14. Gerry Leahy, 55
15. Matt Ruth, Mark Shortall, David Lunn, 54
18. John McCarron, Peter Dabinett, Joe O’Neill, 52
With players now dropping their worst scores, there is likely to be big changes before the league finishes. There will be at least six prizes on offer.
Thursday, 21 February – 12 Hole Stableford
1. Murt Farragher, Willie Leahy, Jerry O’Dwyer, Joe Leech, 65.
2. Phillip O’Neill, Billy Burke, Dermot Moloney, Tony Joyce, 62.
3. Gabriel Maher, Jim Meredith, Martin Kelly, (57+4), 61.
4. Paddy Smee, Martin Murphy, Seamus O’Sullivan, Sean Breathnach, 61.
5. Liam Cody, Richard Butler, Eugene Orr, Eddie Geraghty, 60.
6. Rodger Curran, Kevin Donohue, Michael O’Reilly, Tom Keating, 59.
7. Joe Gannon, Paul Hanafin, Terry Harmer, Joe O’Driscoll, 58.
71 Players took part.
SENIORS PLEASE NOTE
Next Competition – Thursday, 28 February.
Play starts at 10.50. Check in is from 09.45 – Draw closes at 11.15.
Society Subs €10 are now due and are only valid once the Golf Club Subscription has been paid (on or before 28th February).
Please note. There will be no competition on Thursday week, 07 March, due to the hollow coring and other essential course maintenance.
Pro Shop Corner
Callaway Fitting Day
The first fitting day of year is with Callaway on Wednesday, 13 March.
Cost of fitting is €40, which will be deducted of the rrp of the golf club.
All appointments are pre paid and must be booked in advance from the Pro shop.
Ladies Club Notes
Lady Captain, Eithne Murphy has announced her Team Managers for this years All-Ireland and Provincial Competitions.
Senior Cup:- Mary Dowling/Mary Norton
Junior Cup:- Ann Widger/Liz Kinsella
intermediate Cup:- Margaret McCreery/Mary Browne
Minor Cup:- Breda Roche/Margaret Kiely
Challenge Cup:- Joan Cashin/Edith Ogilvie
Senior Foursomes:- Liz Cleere/Ann Murphy
Junior Foursomes:- Paula Bradbury/Ann Greaney
Revive Active Fourball:- Mary Hickey/Barbara Teehan
Girls Junior Convenor:- Ber Crowdle
Tuesday, 19 February. 13 Hole Stableford
1. Mary O’Shea (12), 28pts
2. Catherine Leahy (22), 27pts
Gross:- Niamh Kelly (7), 21pts
3. Catherine Barrett (20), 26pts
4. Mary Moynihan (32), 24pts (B.9)
5. Eithne Murphy (17), 24pts.
Nine Hole Stableford
1. Josie Bolger (32) 14pts
Thursday, 21 February. Nine Hole Competition – 23 Ladies Played
1. Catherine Barrett, Mary Gorman, Mary O’Connell, Trish Leech, 32pts.
2. Mary Prendergast, Hilda Richardson, Fionnuala Hennebry, 32pts.
3. Peggy Murray, Greta Nicholson, Mary Lawlor, 31pts.
Results. Monday, 18 February.
Section A – 8 Table Howell
1. Ann Widger & Catherine King
2. Toni Hayes & Mags Cuddihy
3. Brendan McIntyre & John King
4. Mairead Blanchfield & Margo Harte
5. Geraldine Buckley & Mary Walsh
Section B – 7 Table Howell
1. Martina Naughton and Mary Rice
2. Colette Crotty and Michael Condon
3. Martin and Jane Duggan
4. Dom Murphy and Terri Harmer
5. Deirdre Byrne and Marcella O’Regan