KILKENNY GOLF CLUB NOTES
Tuesday, 02 February, 2021
(Leinster’s Hidden Gem 2019)
Follows us on Twitter:- Kilkennygolfclub@club_kilkenny
Annual Subscriptions were e-mailed yesterday to those who have registered their e-mail address on Club V1.
For those who have not, you will receive a hard copy in the post in the coming days.
There are three methods by which you may pay your subscription.
Closing date for receipt of subscriptions is Sunday, 28 February.
Payment may be made by Bank Transfer to our Bank Account held in the AIB, High St., Kilkenny
Bic: AIBKIE2D IBAN: IE62AIBK93319857588065
If paying by this method please include your name or Golf Ireland number as a reference so we can identify the payment.
Credit /Debit Card, Cheque or Cash
Payment may also be made by Credit /Debit Card, Cheque or Cash.
With Covid regulations and the 5km travel restriction and if you wish to pay by any of the options listed above, the preferred option is to phone the office (details below) with card details or if by cheque please post or, if dropping into the Club, please push under the door at the entrance to the Gents Locker room.
There will be limited access to the office for payments due to Covid regulations and we will accept payments weekly, on Friday’s from 10.00 to 13.00hrs.. If paying by cash please have the correct amount if at all possible. We would request that members would use some of the options listed above rather than calling to the office if at all possible due to Covid concerns.
In the unlikely event of the easing of Covid restrictions over the coming weeks these times will be reviewed.
Premium / Fairway Credit
Those who were on Premium/Fairway Credit last year and wish to renew, you just need to let us know by a phone call, email or text and we will do the rest.
You do not need to complete any documents.
If members wish to join this scheme, for the first time, they will need to complete forms, which we will download for them.
Payments may be spread over 10 months, March to December.
Anyone who requires details please contact the office.
The Fairway Credit fee for this service is 4.75%.
e.g €819.00 over 10 months works out at €857.90 divided by 10 = €85.79 per month.
Aon Personal Insurance
You are encouraged to join the Aon Personal Insurance scheme.
Anyone who wishes to join should simply include the €27 with their payment.
We had a number of people looking for lockers for their clubs last year and we had none available. A couple have become available please contact the office if you wish to avail of one.
Phone:- Office 056 7765400. Mobile 087 1250853
As you will no doubt be aware, Club V1 is the quickest and best way to discover any information you may require about the activities/competitions taking place in the Club.
It is also the simplest and easiest way to check you handicap index.
Members should have, by now, downloaded the App and in the event that you have not done so please, do so immediately.
Once you have registered for Club V1 and you open same you will immediately be informed of what is happening for that day, the course status, latest competition results and any relevant news items.
Bookings, will still be made via the BRS by simply using the link provided on the App
Details about the contents in the App will be provided under the following headings:-
Handicap Index:- It is advisable to check your index regularly, especially if you have been entering competitions on a regular basis.
Handicap Listing:- provides details of all club members current handicap
Handicap Certificate:- Useful when playing away from home.
Statistics:- Will highlight some frightening aspects about your game.
This aspect has three purses, Bar is currently in use.
The other two purses Membership and Competitions are still being finalised to enable members to top up online if they so wish and will be going live in the very near future.
Membership purse:- Allows you to lodge money to it and then use it against your Annual Subscriptions.
Competitions Purse:- Going forward, all members will be required to use this purse to pay for their weekly competitive golf, when making a booking.
The finer points of these two purses are being worked on and full details will be made available, once finalised, on the Club V1 App, the weekly Club notes (on Club V1).
Remember, when downloading the Club V1 App to your laptop, Computer, iPad, to also download the App to your phone.
I would like to remind members of the activities, as outlined by our Captains, Paul & Ber, in their recent update, of the work being carried out by Sean Downing and the Course staff during the absence of golfers.
• The Grounds staff are working in two team bubbles as a COVID-19 Precautionary measure.
• A major tree pruning programme has been completed over the past eight weeks. It is six years since a similar exercise of this scale was carried out.
• 10 semi-mature trees have been transplanted around the course with seven of these re-planted at the front of the Men’s 18th tee in an effort to address safety concerns.
• The Buggy pathway on the 2nd hole has been widened.
• The netting on the left-hand side of the 1st hole has been repaired. The trees inside the fence on the Ballyfoyle Road have been cut back.
• A new Junior tee has been constructed on the 14th Hole.
• The drain in the bottom corner of the car park has been cleared.
• The bunkers have been edged and levelled with the sand topped up in a number of them.
• Steps are being added to the Ladies Winter 4th tee.
• Astro turf is being laid on the driving area section of the practice ground to save the surface.
• Astro turf is being laid on the back of the Mens 18th tee in order for it to be utilised more often in the winter. This addresses safety concerns when the markers are moved to the front of that tee.
• The Junior practice area to the right of the 16th hole is being re-configured with tees and greens being cut out. This will facilitate the younger Junior members familiarise themselves with playing the game and will be a great addition to the Pods system.
• The boundary fence on the Practice ground at the entrance gate to the Maintenance facility is being re-constructed to make a permanent & secure boundary. The County Council will then surface the roadway outside it.
• The greens will be hollow cored before members resume golf and won’t need to be done again until August/September. That will start as soon as weather permits and will save us closing the course again following our return to golf.
• A “Bad Weather” policy is being developed which will clarify the policy and procedure for closing the course for frost, fog and continual bad weather.
Barry Joyce continues with his excellent take-away meals this coming week-end.
Meals will be available for guests on Saturday (16.30-19.30hrs) and Sunday (13.00-17.30hrs.)
Barry can be contacted on 086 820 5260 when you can place your order and arrange a collection time.
Members of the Seniors Golf Society can use their Christmas Gift vouchers as payment/ part payment for any meals they order.
The Junior/Juvenile Committees and Team Managers have now been finalised and are listed below.
**Brian Meredith (Convenor & Childrens Officer), Eileen Duggan (Girls Convenor), Mary Norton (Liaison Officer), Jimmy Bolger (Pro),
Phyl Doyle (Treasurer), Reay Brandon (Comp. & Handicap)
Brendan Cleere (Coaching), Breda Comerford
Junior Team Managers
Fred Daly:- Michael Keenan & Sean FitzPatrick
Junior Foursomes:- Brian Meredith & Brendan Downing
Boys Inter Club:- Luke Kelly & Brendan Cleere
U15 Boys:- Joe O’Shea & Ger Crowdle
U19 Girls:- Sarah Molloy