KILKENNY GOLF CLUB NOTES
Tuesday, 25 January, 2022
Follows us on Twitter:- Kilkennygolfclub@club_kilkenny
Annual Members Subscriptions.
Membership Subscriptions for 2022 were sent out by e-mail last Friday.
If you did not receive it, please check your junk/spam folder for same.
Anyone who doesn’t have an e-mail address on our system, will receive a hard copy in the post.
Members will have received a discount on their subscriptions of 11% approx which was agreed at this year’s Joint Club AGM. The figure shown is inclusive of the relevant discount.
The Beverage Credit, of €50, has been included on Bills this year for all Full and Intermediate members.
This credit of €50 must be used by 31st October 2022 or it will be forfeited.
This year’s bill also includes the Personal Insurance of €25 for all playing members which was passed at this year’s AGM.
Members may pay their subscription through the office by Cash, Cheque, Debit or Credit Card. Members may also phone in, with card details if they wish.
Members, wishing to pay the full payment by EFT can transfer direct into our Bank Account, with a reference to their name.
Our Bank Details are as follows:-
BIC:- AIBKIE2D, IBAN:- IE62AIBK93319857588065.
Any Member, who wishes to spread out their payments over eight months (March to October) can do so, by signing up with Premium Credit.
Just contact the office and they will download the forms for you.
Any member who is already paying by Premium Credit just needs to let us know that they wish to renew and they do not need to complete any forms.
Captain, Liam Barrett and Lady Captain, Mags Cuddihy will hold their drive-in on Sunday, 13 February at 11.00 a.m. This will be followed by a Mixed, four person Team Event with a shot-gun start at 11.15 a.m.
The draw for teams will take place on Saturday February 12th at 6pm.
The cost for the day will be €15 and will include a hot plate after the golf.
The Drive In is generously Sponsored by club Professional Jimmy Bolger
Practice Putting Green
Please note the practice putting green will close Monday to Friday for the next couple of weeks and will be open at the weekends. This is to give it a chance to recover.
Saturday 22, Sunday 23, Monday, 24 January. 13 Hole Singles Stableford.
1. Conor Boland (HI 4.9 – PH 4), 30 Pts. (B6)
2. Rory Conlon (HI 15.3 – PH 12), 30 Pts. (B6)
3. Martin Duggan (HI 14.2 – PH 11), 30 Pts. (B6)
Gross:- Rory MacEneaney (HI 2.9 – PH 2), 27 Pts.
4. Michael Fogarty (HI 8.5 – PH 7), 30 Pts.
5. Eamon Brennan (HI 12.1 – PH 10) 29 Pts. (B6)
6. Brendan Power (HI 7.9 – PH 6), 29 Pts. (B9)
5th. Martin Duggan,6th. Aidan McDonald, James Hogan, David Farragher, Tom Sloyan, Patrick Little, Leo Byrne, David McNamara, Rory MacEneaney,
10th. Stephen McCormack, James Hogan,
Each ‘Two’ receives €24.54 credit in the Pro Shop.
1. David Lunn, Brian Cullen, Denis Butler, Tommy Barry. 71 Pts
2. Michael O’Sullivan, Paddy Bollard, Sean Boland. (61+4) 65 Pts (B3)
3. Murt Farragher, Rob O’Shea, Stephen McCormack. (61+4) 65 Pts
4. Damian Casey, Tadhg Donohue, Proinnsias O’hAilín, Paddy Lawlor. 63 Pts (B6)
5. John Geoghegan, PJ Martin, Ollie Cullen, Seamus Rochford. 63 Pts
6. Richie Phelan, Noel Skehan, Noel Casey, Eamonn O’Connor. 62 Pts (B6)
Saturday 29th Jan members are requested to register, in person, by 12.30 for a 13.00hrs tee-off.
Individual Cross-card League Table. Round 11.
1. John Geoghegan 128
2. Richie Phelan 123
David Dooley 123
4. Tony Butler 120
5. Larry Gittens 112
6. Pat McEvoy 110
7. Ronan Morrissey 107
8. Pat Walsh 106
Bernie Clarke 106
10. David Lunn 103
11. Rob Kearney 102
12. Brian Cullen 101
PJ Martin 101
14. Eamon Brennan 100
Thursday, 20 January. 13 Hole Four person team
1. Dom Murphy, Henry Bourke, Michael O’Reilly, Pat Duggan. 72 pts
2. Mick O’Flynn, Willie Leahy, Martin Mullane, Eugene Orr. 70 pts
3. Carl Widger, Michael Nicholson, Des Byrne, Terry Harmer. 66 pts (B2)
4. John McMahon, Matt Ruth, Tom Brett, Nicky Lawlor. 66 pts
5. Pat Gray, Andy Hughes, Willie B Murphy, Liam Barry. 65 pts (B6)
6. Ollie Cullen, Tom Dunne, Donie Butler, Myles McCabe. 65 pts
7. PJ Martin, Tony Joyce, Pat O’Shea, Dick Keoghan. 64 pts (B4 on Front 9)
Thursday, 27 January:- 13 hole four person team event.
Pro Shop Corner
Members are reminded that they can avail of the Swing Studio facilities to book a lesson, arrange a club fitting, or book a fourball on one of the many courses available.
For full details please contact the Pro Shop on 056 776 1730
Sale, Sale, Sale.
The Pro Shop is holding a massive winter sale. Everything greatly reduced.
Call in and see the excellent reductions on clubs, clothing, bags, footwear, range finders, golf watches and many more items.
Ladies Club Notes
As the new golfing year begins, we are hoping for a successful year with our various teams.
Lady Captain, Mags Cuddihy and Vice-Captain, Mary Norton, wish to give all members the opportunity to express an interest in playing on a team should they wish to do so.
To this end, they are placing a number of sheets on the notice board and inviting anyone interested to put her name down. The handicap requirements will be displayed on each team sheet. The sheets will later be given to the team managers when they meet the Lady Captain in in the coming weeks and the final panels will then be selected by the managers of the various teams. So, please do put your name on the sheet for consideration and remember you do not need to have played on a team before, so don’t be shy!
It’s that time of year again when the Round Robin gets underway!
It will be played during February and March and is a great way to give your golf a kick start.
It also gives the opportunity to perhaps play with people you may not have met or played with before.
The sheet for entries is on the notice board and the draw will be made on Feb 6th. So, c’mon everybody!
The Nine Hole/13 Hole Cross-card competitions have re-started and the details on how to play cross cards are posted on the notice board. Remember, cross cards can be played during casual golf slots and also while playing in weekly competitions.
Tuesday, 18 January. Ladies 14 Hole Stableford
1. Nollaig Cotter (38), (35-2) 33 Pts.
2. Dervilla O Byrne (10), 31 Pts. (B9)
Best Gross:- Mags Cuddihy (9), 21 Pts.
3. Catherine Leahy (20) 31 Pts.
4. Marian Woods (16) 30 Pts.
5. Paula Bradbury (18) 29 Pts (B9)
Nine Hole Stableford
1. Mary Prendergast (13) 21 Pts.
2. Grace Kearney (27) 20 Pts.
Thursday, 20 January. Nine Hole Competition
1. Bridget Norwood, Teresa Brandon, Hilda Richardson, Mary Lawlor, 47 pts.
2. Mary Prendergast Mary Moynihan, Ann Gubbins, Kitty Nolan, 42 pts.
3. Edith Ogilvie, Peggy Murray, Adrienne Walsh, Mary Feighery, 39 pts.
4. Margaret O’Rourke, Kathleen Price, Pat Walsh, Josie Bolger, 38 pts. (B6)
38 Ladies played
Senior Ladies Society next outing is on February 3rd playing a 9 hole Competition. Entry Sheet will be available on this Thursday morning Jan.27th. Draw will take place on Monday, 31 January.
Wednesday, 26 January
08.48-16.27 Members Casual Golf
Thursday, 27 January
08.50-09.00 Members Casual Golf
09.10-11.10 Senior Ladies
10.11-13.20 Senior Gent’s
12.42-16.30 Members Casual Golf
Friday, 28 January
08.48-16.27 Members Casual Golf
Saturday, 29 January
08.21-09.24 Members Casual Golf
09.33-11.21 Ladies & Gent’s Competition
11.30-13.54 Saturday Cross-card
14.03-14.21 Ladies Competition
14.30-16.00 Members Casual Golf
Sunday, 30 January
08.21-14.12 Ladies & Gents Competition
14.30-14.48 Ladies Nine Hole Competition
14.57-16.27 Members Casual Golf
Monday, 31 January
10.00-12.24 Gent’s Week-end Competition
12.33-16.27 Members Casual Golf
Tuesday, 01 February
08.45-08.54 / 11.00-12.03 / 14.00-16.24
Members Casual Golf
09.03-10.51 / 12.12-13.51
Ladies Competitions to include 13/14 Hole, Nine Hole and Ladies into Golf Events.
Wednesday, 02 February
08.18-16.24 Members Casual Golf
Kilkenny Golf Club Notes