KILKENNY GOLF CLUB NOTES
Wednesday 23rd December, 2020
Follows us on Twitter:- Kilkennygolfclub@club_kilkenny
In what has proved to be the most difficult year for everyone, we can only hope and pray that the coming year will prove to be more enjoyable.
On behalf of Committee and all of the staff at Kilkenny Golf Club, we would like to wish you, our Members, a very healthy, happy, peaceful and enjoyable Christmas.
Vouchers towards Annual Subscriptions or towards Green Fes are available from the office. If office unattended please phone Sean on 087 1250853.
Following the Government announcement on Tuesday and update received from Golf Ireland, Golf Clubs will be allowed to remain open for play. The Bar will be closed and the only facility open in the clubhouse will be the toilets and ideally only one person should enter the toilets at any time.
The Locker rooms will remain closed and the Bungalow where club are stored will be out of action for the moment.
Members are reminded to please use the sanitizers at the wash bay, it is especially important if you have handled the air guns to clean your shoes and trolley to use the Hand Sanitizer as you exit the wash bay. The Sanitizers are topped up regularly but we have noticed that we do not have to top them up as frequently recently which means they are not being used. So PLEASE make sure you use them.
Play will be Casual golf up to and including Thursday Jan 31st. We will update next week as regards January 1st onwards.
In addition, golf clubs and golfers are asked to ensure the following:
• Members, visitors and staff with colds or any symptoms of COVID-19 must stay away from the golf course/clubhouse
• Physical distancing rules are observed by all members and their guests at all times in the car park, clubhouse and on the course.
• Those aged 70 years and over and the medically vulnerable should exercise judgement regarding the extent to which they engage with others and in activities outside home.
• Players are instructed not to touch the flag or flagstick.
• Rakes are removed from the course. Players are requested to smooth bunkers using their feet or a club.
• Hire trolleys (electric and pull trolleys) must be sanitised prior to each use.
• Caddies are not permitted (exception: where the group of golfers and the caddies are from the same household).
Members are reminded that they should download the Club V1 app on their smartphones.
Going forward, all course updates will be posted on it and if you allow notifications on the app you will receive the updates.
Joint Club AGM Thursday January 14th 2021
The notice and accounts for the Joint Club Agm will be forwarded to all Full & Intermediate Members w/c December 28th .
The meeting will be held over Zoom and details re registering for the meeting will be forwarded also.
The Nomination forms for Committee and notice re motions area already posted on the Mens & Ladies notice boards and dates for return of same are listed below.
Monday 4th January.
Nominations for committee to be received.
Wednesday 6th January.
List of nominations for Officers and committee to be posted up on Notice Board.
Ballot Papers to be issued
Thursday 7th January
Notices of Motion to be received.
Monday 11th January
Any questions or comments for AGM to be received.
Wednesday 13th January
Ballot forms for Committee votes to be returned.
Mens Agm Thursday December 17th
At the Annual General Meeting held via zoom, the Mens Club ratified the following Officers and Committee for the year 2021.
President : John O’Donovan
Captain: Paul Colfer
Vice Captain : Liam Barrett
Hon Secretary: Morgan Doyle
Hon Treasurer: Philip O’Neill
Hon Comp Sec : Padraig Keegan
Hon H/Cap Sec: Ben McGarry
Ex Officio: Anthony Cleere
There seven nominations for six positions on committee and after a ballot the following six members were elected.
Richard Butler, Brendan Cleere, Dermot Doyle, Milo Kavanagh, Gavin Lonergan, Brian Meredith,
Bar & Catering
The Bar and Catering facilities will close after business on Wednesday 23rd.
With the Government closing Restaurants and Gastro Pubs from Christmas Eve the Bar & Catering will be closed until further notice.
For any updates please refer to your Club V1 app.
Annual Christmas Mixed Competition.
Due to current restrictions and the continued increase in Covid cases the Joint Committee decided to cancel the Annual Christmas Mixed Competition last Sunday.
Saturday, Sunday,12, 13 December. Four Person Team.
1. Seamus Rochford Nicky Walsh, Ian Howe, Donal O’Donovan 76 pts
2. Jim White, Anthony White, Dave Conlon, Neil Loy 71pts
Two’s Club Sat 12th & Sun 13th
6th Alan Brett, Benny Cleere, Ollie O’Connor, 15th Kevin Cleere, Sean Fitzpatrick, Ricky Nolan, Aidan McDonald, Eamon O’Connor.
Each Two is worth €20.44 and is credited in the Pro Shop.
Saturday, 19 December. Gent’s Crosscard. Four Person Team.
1. Pat Hickey (10), Patrick Hickey (10), Pat McEvoy (15), Richie Phelan (22) 65
2. John Burke (7), Martin Ryan (13), Larry Gittens (14), Michael O’Sullivan (22 63(B9)
3. Ronan Moriarty (8), Tommy Waldron (13), Tom Moore (17),Thomas Dunne (20) 63
4. Patrick O’Hara(2), Seamus Rochford (11), PJ O’Reilly (15), Roger Ryan (28) 61
5. James Young(5), John Geoghegan(13), John McCarron(17), James Rhatigan (26) 60
17 Teams Played.
Prizes will be held over until the final crosscard in February and vouchers will be issued to winners.
The next outing of the Gent’s Saturday Crosscard is scheduled for Saturday 02 January 2021.
Thursday, 17 December – 12 Hole Stableford
1. John McCarron(17) Geoff Meagher(16) Richie McEvoy(23) Dermot Moloney(25) 59.
2. Tom Moore (17), Tom Dunne (20), Andy Hughes (23), Seamus Crickley (36) 57.
3. Dom Murphy (16), Bob Greany (23), Liam Merrins (25), Terry Harmer (33) 56.
4. John King (16), Tony Joyce (25), Tony O’Reilly (26), Liam Barry (30) 55(B6).
5. Morgan Doyle(13), Michael Cody(26), Brian Keane(26),Henk Van Der Puil (29) 55(B6).
6. John Geoghegan (13), Eddie Guilfoyle (20), Jim Meredith (23), Roger Ryan (27) 55.
7. Tom Gunning(17), Michael Nicholson(22), Richie Phelan(23), Paddy Hally(31) 54(B6).
71 Players took part.
This week’s prizes will be distributed Thursday, 07 January 2021
NO Society outing Thursday, 24 & 31 December, 2020.
Next outing Thursday, 07 January, 2021.
Pro Shop Corner
There is still plenty of time for you to get that special Christmas gift. The Pro Shop will not close until 13.00hrs on Christmas Eve and will re-open again on St. Stephens Day, when they will be operating on restricted hours.
There was no winner of the Bonus Ball draw last Wednesday so the draw will be rolled over to tomorrow evenings Lotto draw (23rd).
There are still some numbers left so why not call in to the Pro Shop or phone Jimmy to be in with a chance to win a €230 Pro shop voucher.
Ladies Club Notes
At the Annual General Meeting, held via zoom, the Ladies Club ratified the following Officers and Committee for the year 2021.
Lady President:- Mary Browne
Lady Captain:- Ber Crowdle
Vice Captain:- Mags Cuddihy
Hon. Secretary:- Mary Corcoran
Hon. Treasurer:- Catherine King
Hon. H/Cap Sec.:- Mary Norton
Hon. Comp Sec.:- Mary Rice
Ex Officio – Bridie McGarry
Phyl Doyle, Breda Comerford, Eleanor Moore
Joan Cashin, Mary Moynihan, Imelda Pollock
Thursday, 17 December. Nine Hole Competition.
1. Frances Graham, Greta Nicholson, Kitty Nolan, Mary Gorman, 41
2. Edith Ogilvie, Peggy Murray, Margaret Harmer, Mary Shields, 37 (B6).
3. Bridget Norwood Mary Feighery, Mary O’Connell, (34+3), 37
4. Catherine Keane, Ann Kelly, Anne B. Murphy, Mary Lawlor, 36
30 Ladies Played.
Our very best wishes for a happy and healthy Christmas
We look forward to seeing you all back on the fairways in the New Year, when we return for our regular weekly outings on Thursday, 07 January, 2021.
In the meantime – Stay Safe
Tuesday 22, Wednesday 23, Thursday 24, December
08.40-15.00 Members Casual Golf
Friday, 25 December
08.40-15.00 Course Closed
Saturday 26, Sunday 27, Monday 28, Tuesday 29, Wednesday 30, December
08.40-15.00 Members Casual Golf
The regular weekly Competitions are scheduled to return early in the New Year..
Remember – Stay Safe