KILKENNY GOLF CLUB NOTES
Tuesday, 24 November, 2020
(Leinster’s Hidden Gem 2019)
Follows us on Twitter:- Kilkennygolfclub@club_kilkenny
Going, Going, Gone.
It’s time for golfers to finalise their bids in an effort to secure one of the two very exciting items which will be on offer in next weeks Kilkenny Lions Club, Annual Christmas Hamper Charity Auction.
On offer, for the interested golfers, are two amazing opportunities to play the 2025, Ryder Cup venue, Adare Manor.
The successful bidder, for the top item, will play a Fourball, with caddy, at the prestigious Adare Manor, to be preceded by breakfast in the Carriage Restaurant.
There is also another opportunity, for one person, to join with the Sponsor, and two of Irelands highly acclaimed jockeys, David Mullins and Paul Townend, for breakfast in the Carriage Restaurant and followed by a Fourball at the renowned Adare Manor.
The Lions Club Annual Christmas Auction will be held on KCLR, local radio, on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, 01/02/03 December.
This is the Lions Club, Charity Auction’s 29th year and to date has raised over €750,000 for local charities.
The proceeds from this year’s auction will go to deserving local organisations and includes,
St. Vincent De Paul, Women’s Amber Refuge, Social Services and the Good Shepherd Centre.
Over 120 businesses have donated more than 150 items for the General and Farm auction
It is expected that there will be huge interest in these auction items throughout Kilkenny and further afield.
If you would like to view these, and the many other auction items, you can do so, by clicking on the following link.
Auction Hotline:- 056 7796223
Interested participants should note that these special items will be available to bid on over the three days of the Auction, with the successful bidder announced on KCLR.
As we await the Government’s announcement, later this week, on whether or not we will be back playing golf by tomorrow week, the Covid Committee have agreed a protocol for the return to golf.
Once the green light is given, Kilkenny Golf Club will follow all guidelines set out.
Casual golf will be the only format available for the foreseeable future.
Tee times will be similar to those agreed for the last opening.
Once the Club has been informed of an opening date, the BRS will go live for bookings at 17.30 hrs. for the coming week.
With the short days limiting availability and the expected high demand members will only be permitted one round of golf from Tuesday to Friday and a second at the week-end Saturday to Monday.
The above are only guidelines and are subject to change according to any new protocols.
Annual General Meetings.
The AGM’s of Kilkenny Golf Club have been arranged for the following dates:-
Ladies:- Wednesday, 16 December at 20.00hrs.
Gents:- Thursday, 17 December at 19.30hrs
Joint Club:- Thursday, 15 January at 19.30hrs.
Notice convening the respective AGM’s will be e-mailed to all members before the
week-end. Any members wishing to receive a hard copy can request same from the office.
As it will not be possible to have an AGM, with up to 200 people in attendance, due to Covid restrictions our only option is to hold them via Zoom webinars.
Instructions on how to download Zoom to your laptop, iPad or other device will be circulated with next week’s notes.
Zoom meeting format:-
• We hope to have the Officers present in the Clubhouse, on the night, to deliver their reports etc to the meeting and answer any questions.
• It is not feasible to have the meeting interactive given the prospective numbers who can attend.
• Questions and comments will have to be forwarded in writing ahead of the meetings and they will be read out and answered on the night.
• We will send out the Minutes of last years AGM in advance of the meeting.
• Any questions or comments on any matter arising can be submitted in writing, in advance of the meeting, as set out below.
• Nominations for Committee. Nomination Papers can be requested from email@example.com or 056 7765400
• Completed Ballot papers will have to be returned ahead of the meeting and will be counted on the night. Please note that in compliance with our Constitution, Proxy votes are not allowed. You have to be present at the meeting on the night in order to vote.
Timelines for Gent’s AGM:-
Thursday, 03 December.
Notice of AGM and Copy of Accounts will be sent to members eligible to attend AGM.
Nomination Papers for election to Committee, signed by a Proposer and Seconder, who is entitled to attend the AGM, to be returned to Golf Club for the attention of Honorary Secretary. See note above on how to get a Nomination Paper.
Tuesday, 08 December.
1. Ballot Papers with the names of the nominated candidates will be mailed to all members entitled to attend AGM.
2. Copy of Minutes of last year’s AGM to be mailed to all members entitled to attend AGM.
Thursday, 10 December.
Motions, if any, signed by a Proposer and Seconder to be received by the Honorary Secretary.
Friday, 11 December.
Completed hard copy (paper) Ballot Papers to be returned to Golf Club (Ballot Box in Hallway) or posted to the club for attention of Honorary Secretary.
Monday, 14 December.
1. All members wishing to attend the webinar to register to attend by this date.
Registration entails sending a mail to firstname.lastname@example.org advising that you wish to attend the webinar. This registration can be done any time from now.
2. Any questions, comments or queries on matters arising from Minutes of last AGM to be submitted to email@example.com. or in writing to the Honorary Secretary.
Tuesday, 15 December.
1. Members who have registered to attend will receive a link to enable them to attend the Zoom webinar (AGM).
2. All members will receive a mail advising them that the Zoom link has been sent to everybody who has registered to attend. If a member who has registered has not received the first mail with the Zoom link they can ring the office to advise that they have not received the link and one will be sent manually.
Thursday, 17 December. Annual General Meeting, via Zoom webinar @ 19.30hrs.
During the lock down, any queries or bookings members may have, can still be resolved by contacting Sean, using the office number 056 776 5400
Barry Joyce would like to thank all those members who continue to support his take-away meal service each week-end.
He will continue with the Saturday and Sunday takeaway and will be available on Saturday from 17.00 to 20.00hrs and from 13.00 to 17.30hrs. on Sunday.
Members, wishing to avail of this service, are requested to phone Barry on 086 820 5260.
Barry will confirm the menu available and confirm a collection time for your order.
Christmas Meal Vouchers are now available.
Pro Shop Corner
Message from Club Professional, Jimmy Bolger.
Jimmy here. Hoping you are all keeping well and looking forward to getting back out on the golf course.
Just to give you all a quick Christmas update:
Due to COVID 19 and global lockdowns, all major golf companies (e.g. Powakaddy, Titleist, Ping etc.) are experiencing a shortage of stock so, it is recommended that you, place your Christmas orders as soon as possible in order to ensure the delivery of your gift.
Don’t forget, another extremely popular gift is our Pro Shop gift voucher, which covers everything for the golfer, from golf clubs to lessons to clothing.
Any other Christmas gift ideas, don’t hesitate to contact me by phone (0876810585) or by email (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Looking forward to seeing you all very soon!