KILKENNY GOLF CLUB NOTES
Tuesday, 01 December, 2020
Follows us on Twitter:- Kilkennygolfclub@club_kilkenny
The Kilkenny Lions Club Annual Christmas Auction got off to a flying start this morning, when an opening bid of €1000 was made on the John Walsh Show on KCLR, for the fourball with caddies and breakfast at the 2025, Ryder Cup venue, Adare Manor.
Interested bidders still have three days to get their bid in.
Other items include the chance to join the sponsor, leading Irish jockeys, Paul Townend & David Mullen.
If you would like to view these, and the many other auction items, you can do so, by clicking on the following link. http://kilkennylionsclub.ie/page1.pdf – Auction Hotline:- 056 7796223
Yes, We are back.
Following the Government’s recent announcement, golfers are free to once again walk the fairways, enjoy the fresh air, and fine tune their skills in preparation of tougher tests to come.
Kilkenny Golf Club re-opened to its members after six weeks of enforced closure due to Covid 19.
The Covid sub-committee, following guidelines from the GUI have agreed to allow golf in Fourball format for the moment. The booking times will be at ten minute intervals.
In an effort to facilitate the demand for golf two “courses” have been opened.
The regular winter 13 holes (1-13) and the addition of holes 14-18, played twice (10 holes) will allow for the maximum numbers to participate in their sport.
Members playing the 13 hole course are not allowed to continue to play holes 14-18.
Once the demand for golf has eased it is proposed to revert to just 13/14 hole casual golf being available to members. This allows for the rotation/resting of different holes and ensures the Ground Staff can continue their excellent work on maintaining the course.
There are no buggies allowed for the next few days. An update will be sent out once a decision has been made to allow them.
All casual golf must be pre booked via the BRS as follows –
Wednesday, 02 December, from 16.00hrs.. Week-end golf on Saturday, Sunday and Monday.
Friday, 04 December. From 16.00hrs.. Tuesday – Friday.
Going forward, reservations will be available from 16.00hrs Friday’s & Wednesday’s.
There will be two separate timesheets for each day to choose from – a 13 hole option or a 10 hole option.
To view both options you should go to view all competitions and the diary will display 1-13 first and this will be followed by the 10 hole option.
If booking the 13 Hole Option (Holes 1 to 13) book in one of the three player slots and accordingly do the same when booking the 10 hole option.
These Protocols are prepared with the intention of members being able to play in a safe and controlled environment and in full compliance with Government & Health Authorities guidelines.
These procedures will be under constant review and depend on all members adhering to and respecting them and subject to evolving recommendations from the authorities.
• Only four-balls are allowed during this phase of return to non competitive golf.
• Bookings must be made via the BRS system, between the hours of 08.30 and 15.00.
• Reservations will be at 10 minute intervals.
• Members must travel independently or may do so with another member of their household.
• Reservations for golf, from Tuesday to Friday only, will become available from the earlier time of 16.00hrs each Friday.
• Saturday, Sunday & Monday golf will be bookable from 16.00hrs. on Wednesday
• Members are only allowed to book ONE round of golf during this time frame.
• All golf must commence from the first/fourteenth tee.
• Only named golfers can play at the allotted time.
• In the event of you not being able to play, you must remove your name from the timesheet.
• You may NOT nominate another person to play.
• Players may avail of a second round by checking the time sheet for the following day at 18.00hrs. and if there is an empty slot they may avail of it.
• Players are only permitted to use this facility once each week.
• Players should only arrive at the club 10 minutes prior to their appointed time.
• The locker rooms will be closed and golfers should change in their cars.
• If you have not already collected your clubs players must seek help from the Pro Shop.
• All equipment, clothes and footwear must be taken home after tee round of golf.
• We are still awaiting confirmation on the opening of the bar & catering facilities .
• The Toilets will be accessible.
• If you do not have the internet you may phone the office to make a booking.
Annual General Meetings.
With the Ladies and Gent’s AGM’s scheduled for the 16th & 17th December members are reminded that they must register their interest to attend the webinar event.
Registration entails sending a mail to firstname.lastname@example.org advising that you wish to attend the webinar. This registration can be done any time from now.
Nominations for Committee
Nomination Papers for election to Committee, signed by a Proposer and Seconder, who is entitled to attend the AGM, to be returned to Golf Club for the attention of Honorary Secretary.
• Nomination Papers can be requested from email@example.com or 056 7765400
• Completed Ballot papers will have to be returned ahead of the meeting and will be counted on the night. Please note that in compliance with our Constitution, Proxy votes are not allowed. You have to be present at the meeting on the night in order to vote.
Closing date for Nominations is:-
Ladies Committee:- Sunday,06 December
Gent’s Committee:- Monday, 07 December
There has been no confirmation on whether or not the Bar or Catering facilities will be allowed to open this coming Friday.
Arrangements and Protocols have been put in place by the Club and we are just awaiting approval from the powers that be.
Regardless of above, Barry Joyce will continue with his very popular take away meals.
He will continue with the Saturday and Sunday takeaway and will be available on Saturday from 17.00 to 19.00hrs and from 13.00 to 17.30hrs. on Sunday.
Members, wishing to avail of this service, are requested to phone Barry on 086 820 5260.
Barry will confirm the menu available and confirm a collection time for your order.
Christmas Meal Vouchers are now available.
Pro Shop Corner
Jimmy Bolger and Eoin are back in action and are looking forward to meeting you in the coming days.
As we have all been told to shop local, we should therefore call in to the Pro shop and select that special Christmas gift for the golfer in your life.
With a wide range of stock from Golf Clubs, to golf ware, to range finders or the invaluable gift vouchers, you are sure to satisfy your needs.
Any other Christmas gift ideas, don’t hesitate to contact Jimmy by phone (0876810585) or by email (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Bonus Ball Draw.
The next draw for the Bonus Ball prize of €230 will be held next Wednesday, 09 December.
Remember – you have to be in to win.
Ladies Club Notes.
Once again ladies, all our members welcome the opportunity to resume play while complying with the safety guidelines as laid down,–“Irish Golf demonstrated how our sport could be enjoyed by women and men of all ages in a safe and secure environment” (stated by Golf Ireland)
The Lady Captain Bridie McGarry has hosted her final committee meeting of the Ladies Club for the year 2020 via zoom to a full attendance of committee. Bridie expressed her gratitude to the ladies of the committee for their regular attendance and their commitment to the club and for the help and support given to her during her Captaincy of 2020 – the year of Coronavirus Covid 19.
Lady President Carmel O Shea announced her successor – the popular Mary Browne as Incoming Lady President for 2021. Mary served previously as Treasurer and Lady Captain of the club.
Incoming Lady Captain, Ber Crowdle announced the hard working Hon.Secretary, Margaret Cuddihy as her Vice Captain for 2021.
The LADIES AGM will be held on WEDNESDAY, DECEMBER 16th at 8pm via zoom. It is anticipated that there will be a good attendance VIA Zoom by the ladies of the club. It is ESSENTIAL to inform the office in advance that you intend to participate so that you will receive the Zoom Link to log in on the night.
At this stage all the ladies will have received the following notifications via BRS –
1. Notice of Ladies AGM
2. Ladies AGM Motions
3. Ladies Notice Committee Nominations
4. Ladies Committee Nomination Form
5. Minutes of the 2019 AGM Meeting will be sent by 7th December
Should you have difficulty accessing the BRS for the above notices and form – Hard Copies and Zoom instructions are now available in the office.