KILKENNY GOLF CLUB NOTES
Tuesday, 15 October, 2019
Follows us on Twitter:- Kilkennygolfclub@club_kilkenny
Please note the funeral of the late Frank Dalton who was a Trustee of the Club, former Captain and President will take place on Friday morning and the course will remain closed until 2pm on Friday.
Official Winter Rules will came into play from Saturday October 12th and will remain until further notice.
Placing allowed throughout the course except in Hazards (i.e. Bunkers).
The Ball must be marked before lifting, when lifted it may be cleaned and must be replaced within 6 inches not nearer the hole.
Failure to mark the ball before lifting will result in a one stroke penalty.
UPDATING CLUB RECORDS
• Club Competition Winners:
• We are continuing to research winners of some club competitions. The following are prioritised at this point; President’s Prize, Captain’s Prize pre 1970 & Bar Cup.
• We appeal to members who have won any of these competitions to advise us accordingly with the year of their win.
• We also appeal to members who have won a cup/trophy outright to return same to the office for recording of winners and photographic purposes. They will be returned within 48 hours.
• Donie Butler 087-315 6359 email@example.com
Work continues apace on the refurbishment of the Bar/Lobby area of the Clubhouse with work on schedule.
Painting of the different areas will continue throughout the week causing disruption and closure of some facilities.
Details of the improvements can be seen on the Electronic Display Board located in the foyer of the Clubhouse.
As the project progresses members will receive weekly updates outlining the works being done.
Week 4. Monday, 14 to Friday, 18 October.
The painting contractors continue their work and will, once again, result in areas of the Bar and Lobby being closed off at varying times.
The programme of works is scheduled for completion on the first week of November with an official launch to be held on Friday, 08 November.
Social Mixed Golf
The final outing of Social Mixed Golf will be held next Saturday, 19 October.
Participants are requested to sign in by 14.10 for a shotgun start at 14.30.
The competition will be a 13 Hole Champagne Scramble and will be followed with Finger Food.
As the softer conditions prevail and some members continue to ignore the pitch marks made by their approach shots.
It the responsibility of each and everyone of us to ensure we look for and repair same immediately.
If we do this we will have excellent greens throughout the winter and greens of the highest standards come the Spring.
Please remember to:-
Replace divots – with sand mix
Repair pitch marks
Wednesday, 09 October. Ladies & Gents Open Singles. – CSS. Members – 72. Visitors – 74
1. Derek Kinahan (14) 38 pts
2. Bill Cuddihy (16) 37 pts (B9)
3. Oliver Cuddihy (9) 37 pts
Gross:- Neville Coen (3) 32 pts (B9),
4. Brian Spratt (9) 36 pts
5. Cathal McDonald (9) 36 pts
Category 1 (15-19), Stephen McCormack (16) 36 pts
Category 2 (20 +), Reay Brandon (20) 32 pts
Ladies:- Marian Woods (18) 32 pts
6th Stephen McCormack, Peter Walsh Snr, Brian Cullen, Alan Brett, Dave Conlon, 10th Peter Murphy, 15th Gary Delaney, 17th Sean Byrne, Neville Coen,
Each ‘Two’ receives €16.20 credit in the Pro Shop.
Sat. /Sun./Mon., 12/13/14 October. Fourball – Hamper
1. Pat Walsh (9) & Pat McEvoy (14) 47 pts.
2. Rory MacEneaney (6) & David Dooley (12) 46 pts.
3. Tom Hickey (9) & Luke Wall (9) 46 pts. (B9)
4. Noel Power (10) & Michael Power (19) 45 pts.
6th. David Dooley, Noel Power, William Cahill, Daragh McNamara, Aidan Brennan, Conor Boland, Dom Murphy, Tony Murphy, 10th Eamon O’Connor, Jim White, 15th Alan O’Rourke, Nicky Walsh, Rob Kearney, Denis Brophy, Donal Maher, Conor Boland.
Each ‘Two’ receives €13.00 credit in the Pro Shop.
Outstanding Match Play Competitions
Two competitions which overran and were not played on Club Finals Day were played in the past week, Richard Duggan defeated Craig Martin in the Mens Scratch Match play and in the Ladies Fourball Josephine Leahy & Annette Stapleton overcame Helen Butler & Grainne Parker.
Senior Gent’s Thursday 10th October – 13 Hole Stableford Competition – 62 Players took part
1. Proinnsias O’hAilín, Geoff Meagher, Tom Keating, Dick Cogan, 61 (B6).
2. Eddie Guilfoyle, Peter Dabinett, Chris Kelly, Jim Meredith, 61.
3. Michael Grant, Martin Mullane, Michael O’Reilly, Eamonn Everard, 60.
4. Pat Collins, John O’Regan, Tony Joyce, Liam Barry, 59.
5. Joe Gannon, Kevin Donohue, Christy Rainey, Martin Treacy, 58 (B6).
6. Pat Drennan, Willie Leahy, Oliver Duggan, Paul Brady, 58.
7. Pat Cody, Jerry O’Dwyer, Michael O’Sullivan, Denis Carey, 56.
Seniors Please Note
Next Competition Thursday 17th October
Play starts at 10:50. Check in is from 09:45 – Draw closes at 11:15
Mount Juliet away outing
Due to the unexpected passing of Frank Dalton (RIP) and the uncertainty of funeral arrangements, the Mount Juliet outing scheduled for Monday 14th was cancelled and will now be held on TUESDAY 22nd October. If this date does not suit Members who were already listed to play, please contact Hon Sec Donie Butler.
This Month’s Diary
Thursday 31st October – Rumble
Ladies Club Notes
Tuesday, 08 October. 13 Hole Stableford
1. Stephanie Downes (44) 26 pts
2. Phyl Doyle (14) 25 pts (B6)
Gross:- Niamh Kelly (8) 17 pts
3. Paula Bradbury (20) 25 pts
4. Martina Naughton (25) 24 pts (B6)
5. Mary Ruth (38) 24 pts
Nine Hole Stableford
1. Stephanie Downes (44) 19 pts
2. Mary Rice (27) 16 pts (B6)
Senior Ladies 10th October – 36 Ladies Played
1. Mary Browne, Maragret Harmer, Mary O‘ Gorman 32 pts
2. Anne M Murphy, Kathleen Price, Frances Gray 30 pts
3. Jane Duggan, Josie Bolger, Marie Curran, Mary Lawlor 29 pts
4. Breda Kavanagh, Teresa Brandon, Anne B Murphy 27 pts
Junior Mid-term Competition 30th October 2019
The club is running a Junior 13 hole singles competition on Wednesday 30th October (during mid-term break). Tee is booked from 09:00 to 11:30 and online booking is open from 17:30 on Tuesday 15th October
From 10:30 to 11:00 we are also running a 4 hole fun event for our younger members/cadets who do not have handicaps and they will be accompanied by adult volunteers.
We hope all our junior/juveniles and cadets will come along and enjoy the final outing for 2019.
Later that evening, commencing at 19:00 we have our Awards Night in the club where all competition prizes will be presented, along with the JD Memorial Matchplay winners/runner ups, and the Eamon Crosse Merit Awards.
This is a very special evening in the junior calendar and we encourage parents/grandparents and our juniors to come along and support the evening. We would appreciate if parents would contact either Sean or Aoife in the office (056-776 5400) to book/confirm their place. Fee for adults €10 which includes a Hot-plate, Juniors are free of charge.
Monday, 07 October. 10 Table Howell
1. Michael & Ann Egan
2. Mary Browne & Toni Hayes
3. Martina Naughton & Mary Rice
Pat Walsh & Trevor Ogilvie
5. Michael Naughton & Breda Roche
Tuesday, 15 October
07.56-08.36 Members Time , 08.44-09.56 Ladies 13 Holes , 10.04-10.28 Ladies 13 & Nine Hole Draw, 10.36-10.52 Ladies Into Golf , 12.20-13.32 Ladies 13 Holes, 13.40-14.20 Ladies 13 & Nine Hole Draw
Wednesday, 16 October
07.56-08.52 Members Time , 13.00-14.20 Members Time
Thursday, 17 October
07.56-08.52 Members Time, 09.32-10.44 Senior Ladies, 10.52-13.32 Senior Gent’s, 13.40-14.28 Members Time
Friday, 18 October
Course Closed until 2pm.
Saturday, 19 October
08.04-08.52 Members Time, 09.00-09.40 Ladies & Gent’s Competition, 09.48-11.40 Visitors, 11.48-12.36 Members Time
12.44-12.52 Visitors, 13.00-14.44 Mixed Social Golf
Sunday, 20 October
08.04-10.28 Ladies & Gent’s Competition
Gent’s:- 13 Hole Singles.
Ladies:- 13 Hole Singles.
10.36-13.00 Junior Alliance
13.08-15.24 Ladies & Gent’s Competition 13 Holes
Monday, 21 October
08.04-08.52 Members Time, 11.00-12.52. Gent’s 13/14 Hole Singles Competition, 13.00-14.20 Member Time
Tuesday, 22 October
08.20-08.36 Members Time, 08.44-09.56 Ladies 13 Holes, 10.04-10.28 Ladies 13 & Nine Hole Draw
10.36-10.52 Ladies into Golf, 12.20-13.32 Ladies 13 Holes, 13.40-14.20 Ladies 13 & Nine Hole Draw
Wednesday, 23 October
08.12-08.52 Members Time, 13.00-14.20 Members Time